Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
There’s something about a soft, delicious square that gets everyone at a party – or anyone with a sweet tooth – itching for more than one piece. If you woke up this morning looking for a recipe to serve to the family tonight in the last full weekend of February, then don’t skip over these Chocolate Cookie Delight squares courtesy of Taste of Home.
These squares have a soft-baked chocolate cookie base that is finished first in the oven. Then, ingredients for the top layers, such as cream cheese and pudding mix are added on after the cookie has cooled. For an extra taste of sweetness, add your favorite nuts and some Smucker’s (or another brand’s) caramel sauce on top right before serving. Try warming up the sauce and nuts in a saucepan for a few minutes before dribbling over the squares. This juxtaposition between warmth and coolness will definitely have yours and your guest’s taste buds melting.
Be advised, however, that if you’re hoping to serve them tonight, then you need to take a few minutes to prepare them (brew your favorite coffee to keep you company) and let settle in the fridge for up to 8 hours. Although it may still taste delicious, this will ensure the density is firm enough to serve to family and friends without creating a mess.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD: 15 servings.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Optional: Chopped nuts, chocolate curls and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.