Bowen Island Roasting Co, Ltd
Bowen Island Roasting Company is a family owned and operated Roastery in the heart of Snug Cove, overlooking the majestic North Shore mountains and the ocean waves of Howe Sound located on beautiful Bowen Island, British Columbia, Canada.
Fresh roasted! At Bowen Island Coffee, we roast only enough coffee beans to sell fresh each week. We do not warehouse roasted coffee.
We slow roast in small 15 kg batches to enhance and preserve the complex flavours of some of the finest beans from around the globe. Our small facility is capable of roasting up to a ton of green beans per day.
At Bowen Island Roasting Company, we are interested in sustainable and responsible economic development both locally and globally. In offering you Organic, Ethically Traded Coffees, we provide ethical consumer choices that support small communities abroad in coffee producing countries.
We spare no effort in the selection of our green beans, the roasting process, and the quick distribution of the freshest coffees around. Our personalized custom services offer customers an infinite variety of roasting styles, blends and packaging options. Each coffee variety roasts differently and we have developed ultimate roast profiles for each bean. We strive to consistently bring out the best in each bean and take tremendous pride in passing this on to you.
Our Signature Collection
These are our most popular blends. Each bean has been carefully selected to complement each other in the cup, giving full, well rounded flavours. We have named most of our selection of coffees after areas of our beautiful island.
- AWARD-WINNING Valhalla Espresso Royale : A delicate blend of beans from Indonesia, Central & South America. Smooth, sweet and exotic. Great in all types of espresso machines. Also makes a full flavoured drip coffee.
- Snug Cove Italian Dark Roast : An inspired blend of beans from Costa Rica, Guatemala and Indonesia. Smooth creamy body with a sweet, full flavour. Very full flavour. By far, our most popular blend.
- Hood Point French Roast : A perfect balance of beans from Guatemala and South America. Dark and complex with a superbly heavy body.
- Queen Charlotte Heights Decafe Incognito : Swiss Water Decaffeinated beans from Asia Pacific and the Americas. Rich, dark, exotic and ultra spicy. So good, you’d never know it was decafe!
- Fairweather Medium Roast : A perfect duo of Costa Rican and Indonesian beans. Very smooth, fragrant and delicately balanced.
- Mt. Gardner Breakfast Blend : A nice marriage of Indonesian and South American beans. Light, bright and silky smooth.
Extra caffeine, great for the morning boost!