Canterbury Coffee Corf
Starting our journey in 1981, Canterbury Coffee has worked to grow, adapt, and innovate. That drive to keep improving is what has made us one of Canada’s leading coffee roasters. Offering some of the finest coffees, equipment, and customer service in the industry, we have built a reputation for excellence, which we work to uphold with all of our customers.
Sustainability AND Corporate Social Responsibility
We want to leave the world in a better state than we found it, being a good citizen of our country and, even more so, our planet. To us, taking care is never a fad or trend. It is a philosophy and way of life.
Sustainability AND CSR
We look for simple ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle in our office and business practices, and go even further by making sustainability a focus in the products we produce and sell. Here are some of the changes we’ve put in place to help make the world a little better.
- Developed biodegradable soft pods for single-serve coffee, using compostable materials.
- Added thermal oxidizers to our roasting plant to reduce emissions and odour.
- Adopted the CHEP pallet exchange program, which reuses pallets, saving thousands of trees per year.
- Composted chaff, a byproduct of the roasting process that is normally discarded in landfills.
- Up-cycled burlap sacks for use in the forest and landscaping industries.
- Added more fuel-efficient vehicles to our fleet of service and delivery vehicles.
Canterbury Coffee is a strong believer in giving back to the community locally, as well as in the countries we source our coffee beans from. For the past 20 years, we have donated more than $100,000 annually. Among the many charities we support in Canada, BC Children’s Hospital is one of the main recipients. Around the world, we’ve supported charities in coffee-producing countries to help build schools and recover from natural disasters.
At Canterbury Coffee, we believe in sharing our passion. Educating people about coffee is key to growing our business and our customers’ businesses. Here, you’ll get a full coffee education, with all the details from harvesting to brewing. So pour yourself a cup of the good stuff and take a seat. Class is now in session.