Coffee Nexus Ltd
UK based coffee consultancy Coffee Nexus Ltd was founded by John Thompson in 2009.
John’s career in speciality coffee started in the 1990’s and since then he has worked on projects from field through roasting to retail.
His work at origin has spanned several continents, and he is fortunate to work closely with coffee growers in several countries to develop long term purchasing relationships and sustainable buying programs, and advise on product diversification and quality improvement initiatives. In addition to his work in the coffee field and at the wet mill John is also a Head Judge for the Cup of Excellence.
John has extensive manufacturing experience meaning that not only does he hold a practical and working knowledge of coffee laboratory equipment, but also of a range of roasting and packing systems used in food production. He has developed products for major speciality coffee brands and supermarkets and continues to develop new products for the clients of Coffee Nexus.
He has been involved in the development of the SCAE Coffee Diploma System since the programmes launch and has helped develop the content of both the green coffee and sensory modules.
We offer a range of coffee consulting services . We will take time to understand your individual business needs, and offer unique, confidential solutions based around the following categories:
Green Coffee Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
Every company has unique requirements for the source, quality and volume of coffees they need. We can manage either the whole supply chain or individual parts for clients including:
- Identifying and sourcing the right coffees for your business
- Managing your supply chain on an ongoing basis
- Reviewing and revising current green coffee sourcing strategies
- Quality analysis of green coffee by a licensed Q grader
Achieving consistent product quality is essential for business success. Our company has worked with roasting operations of all sizes on a range of projects. Our coffee consulting for roasteries covers the following areas:
- Analysing your current roasting and manufacturing systems
- Optimising the roasting process
- Developing roast profiles
- Defining roast product standards
- Refining and improving manufacturing systems
- Sourcing the right equipment for your roastery
Strategic Product Analysis
Awareness of where your coffee product range is positioned in the marketplace and how it compares to that of your direct competition gives your business a strategic advantage and an insight into how your offering can be developed further. Coffee Nexus carries out product analysis in these areas:
- Benchmarking and assessing competitor products
- Analysing the quality criteria of your current coffee portfolio
- Evaluating the diversity of your current coffee portfolio
- Coffee consulting to identify new opportunities for new product development
Coffee Nexus has been delivering expert opinion and support to several categories of media for well over a decade. Whether you are in film, radio, or the written media we can help give your article an expert industry viewpoint.