Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
With only a few days until Valentine’s Day, we’ve all begun to think a little harder about how we can symbolize our feelings toward our partners and loved ones. One of the best ways to someone’s heart is, of course, through their stomach. There are so many sweet and delicious ways you can show your love with sugar.
With one of these recipes on your list, you’ll be sure to begin your Valentine’s Day (or end it) with smiling faces all around. Let us know how these turn out!
Here are our two favorite Valentine’s Day Perfections this year:
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
It only takes about 10-20 minutes to prepare these grain-free peanut butter blossoms in a pinch – literally. If you need a quick dessert to surprise your partner, these will definitely result in quite a few kisses (especially the chocolate kind).
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- sugar for rolling (optional)
- Hershey kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a stand mixture or a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Then add in the baking soda, salt, and almond flour and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out 1-2 tbsp of cookie dough and roll into balls, optionally rolling into sugar before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add a Hershey kiss to the center of each chocolate, pressing the chocolate down.
Red Wine, Chocolate Cabernet Latte
With how amazing these lattes look – and taste – how could you not quickly stir one up for your special someone.
INGREDIENTS FOR CABERNET SYRUP
- 3/4 cup cabernet sauvignon or your favorite red wine!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
CABERNET CHOCOLATE LATTE
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cabernet syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/4 cup steamed milk
- chopped chocolate for topping
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CABERNET SYRUP
- Combine the wine and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and bring the mixture to a simmer. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely. This keeps great in the fridge!
CABERNET CHOCOLATE LATTE
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cabernet syrup at the bottom of a mug. Add the chocolate syrup. Pour two shots of hot espresso over top and stir. Add the steamed milk on top. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
What desserts and recipes do you have planned for your certain someone? Let us know in the comments.